¸¸,:•:*¨¨*:•:,¸¸,:•:*¨¨*:•:,¸¸,.•*•:*¨¨*:•:,¸¸,:•:*¨¨*:•:,¸¸,.•*•:*¨¨*:•:,¸¸,:•:*¨¨*:•:,¸¸,.•*¨¨*:•:,¸¸,:•:*¨¨*:•:,¸¸,.•*•:*¨¨*:•:,¸¸,:•:*¨¨*:•:,¸¸,.•*•:*¨¨*:•:,¸¸,:•:*¨¨*:•:,¸¸,.•*•:*¨¨*:•:,¸¸,:•:*

Would you wear and use a vintage pocket watch?

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Heavy Metal Animals


When I took my bottles and cans to the household waste recycling center last week, I discovered a cache of metal animal sculptures. They are probably slated for destruction, so I wanted to get some pictures. The "fur" of the dog on the bottom left is made from chains, and the body of the one on the upper right is made from metal mesh. If I had a place to put it, I would totally make an offer on the dragon/dinosaur. As for the rest of the pieces, I am not sure what a couple of them are, but I am sure they are heavy. Talk about your up-cycled artwork....
(edit: as of January 2012, many of these pieces remain mostly intact at the recycling facility.  These pieces are from the Annual Junque Yard Sculpture Contest. Please see my post Heavy Metal Animals III to learn more about them.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails