¸¸,:•:*¨¨*:•:,¸¸,:•:*¨¨*:•:,¸¸,.•*•:*¨¨*:•:,¸¸,:•:*¨¨*:•:,¸¸,.•*•:*¨¨*:•:,¸¸,:•:*¨¨*:•:,¸¸,.•*¨¨*:•:,¸¸,:•:*¨¨*:•:,¸¸,.•*•:*¨¨*:•:,¸¸,:•:*¨¨*:•:,¸¸,.•*•:*¨¨*:•:,¸¸,:•:*¨¨*:•:,¸¸,.•*•:*¨¨*:•:,¸¸,:•:*

Would you wear and use a vintage pocket watch?

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

They're Creepy and They're Kooky, Mysterious and ... Educational!


I am sure many of you have seen biological prints before, but these struck me as especially amazing.

They are from the now public-domain ERNST HAECKEL: ART FORMS IN NATURE collection. 
I plan on using at least some of them for decorating my very bare walls!  The highest quality images I found were on WikiMedia, in case you would like to do the same.   I suppose that these are not steampunk in and of themselves, but they do seem to lend a (mad?) scientific air to any place they are displayed.   And I think they are cool. =)

You can find a collection of them and a biography of Haeckel here:
Art Forms in Nature
 
Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails