¸¸,:•:*¨¨*:•:,¸¸,:•:*¨¨*:•:,¸¸,.•*•:*¨¨*:•:,¸¸,:•:*¨¨*:•:,¸¸,.•*•:*¨¨*:•:,¸¸,:•:*¨¨*:•:,¸¸,.•*¨¨*:•:,¸¸,:•:*¨¨*:•:,¸¸,.•*•:*¨¨*:•:,¸¸,:•:*¨¨*:•:,¸¸,.•*•:*¨¨*:•:,¸¸,:•:*¨¨*:•:,¸¸,.•*•:*¨¨*:•:,¸¸,:•:*

Would you wear and use a vintage pocket watch?

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Holiday Steampunk Gift Ideas! Part One

Welcome to December!  Don't panic.  There are 24 shopping days left until Christmas, so you still have plenty of time to shop.  If you are into that sort of thing.  (*grin*)

I thought it would be helpful to compile a collection of things which would make good gifts for your Steampunk friends, family, etc.

1) Steampunk Jewelry!!!  (hint hint) ;-)  As for my shop, I include sturdy, pretty cord necklaces with silver lobster clasps with my pendants, or many of them come with brass or copper chains.



2) Steampunk Books -  One book that I, myself, have purchased and read is called (surprise) Steampunk by Ann & Jeff Vandermeer.  This collection of short stories of the genre is sure to please the sp reader.  Alist of more sp books can be found on Steampunkopedia.




Books by Jules Verne also make a wonderful literary gift; his novels opened up the world to imagine great accomplishments even beyone the steam-driven technology of the time.

Or, for the writer, you might choose a handmade book.  Here is a link to the ones I liked, and you can also check ArtFire and Etsy for more.

I will post more ideas soon!  You will also find many relevant topics and items in this blog as well.  Try using the Topic Cloud to find ones of interest to you.  I reccomend "toys," "journal," and "clothing" to start; each has links to unusual gifts.

~ DS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails